Library: Important Documents-PDFs-studies-books-papers- voter guides-constitutional studies-conservative studies-founders-founding documents-and much more…
(RIGHT CLICK – OPEN IN NEW TAB OR WINDOW, or RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS TO DOWNLOAD PDF’S AND SAVE ON YOUR OWN COMPUTER.)
Don’t have Adobe? Download it here, it’s free.
In addition to the files below, additional Library subpages here:
- Alexis de Tocqueville: Democracy in America
- America’s Foundation: CHRISTIAN or Secular?
- Black Robe Regiment
- Heartland Institute’s TeaPartyToolbox Library
- Liberty Fund’s Extensive Library
ABORTION: LC_Factsheet_Insert09.pdf (502,5 kB)
Repeal-ObamaCare Petition from NRLC (pdf 320kb)
ACTIVISM: [see also THE CONSTITUTION]
- Candidate Oath/Pledge
American Majority materials (Pamphleteers of the American Revolution – Today’s Grassoots – Patriot 2.0 – guides tutorials presentations tools.)
Liberty Action Report ALG April 1 2011 (pdf 580kb)
The Patriot’s Toolbox (263 page book) Eighty Principles for Restoring Freedom and Prosperity: TEA Party Toolbox from Heartland Institute
- If you haven’t joined the TEA Party movement, why? by Pat Boone
This is a must read. The full 70+ page report. At minimum take a look at the portions that have been highlighted.
BOOKS / PAPERS (for others, see ALL):
Common Sense-Mag (pdf 747kb)
Grassroots 101 ConsOutp (pdf 1 MB)
RNC Platform_Final080826.pdf (137,6 kB) (SINCE REVISED, FOR THE BETTER)
The Essential American_FreeChapter (pdf 138k)
BUSINESS: (see also ECONOMICS, see also NEW YORK)
National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB):
CHRISTIAN ROOTS/HISTORY: (see also THE CONSTITUTION/ WE THE PEOPLE / AMERICAN HERITAGE)
Montesquieu & the Spirit of Laws – The writer most frequently quoted by our Founders provided the architecture of our Liberty. This article explains the importance of the idea and includes an analysis of Montesquieu’s chief work.
The Principle Approach® to the English Common Law – American Founders took the principles of common law seriously resulting in the freedom of the American system. This article is a guide to the master-compiler of the principles of English common law, Blackstone, who instructed our Founders.
Law & Equity – This article introduces the Biblical, historical and practical meaning and application of law and equity to both individual self-government and national civil government.
Noah Webster, God’s Law & the United States Constitution – “The foundation of American constitutionalism was an understanding by the American people of the Gospel and Biblical law.” Noah Webster. This article surveys the history of the idea of constitutionalism from its roots in Christianity to its final expression.
Warren Burger & the Christian History of the U.S. Constitution – This article addresses the Christian roots of the Constitution. “The highest glory of the American Revolution, said John Quincy Adams, was that it connected, in one indissoluble bond, the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity.” (The Christian History of the Constitution: Christian Self-Government, p. 372)
The Christian Roots of Our Constitution – This article explains that the record of America as a Christian nation resides in the documented history of her founding. The rediscovery of the Christian foundation of our country and its form of government can restore Christian leadership to America.
CIVIL LIBERTIES: (and see LAW)
Liberty Counsel briefs: LEGAL MEMO Christmas2005
- CONSERVATIVE UNIVERSITY(main page + subpages below)
CONSTITUTIONAL STUDY, FOUNDING & HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS: (bottom of page, and see also THE CONSTITUTION / WE THE PROPLE / AMERICAN HERITAGE)
ECONOMICS (see also NEW YORK:
CBO-090826.pdf (936,6 kB) (Congressional Budget office report Aug 2009)
Condy Raguet lays out a set of basic principles of free trade among which is the idea that governments cannot create wealth by means of legislation and that individuals are better judges of the best way to use their capital and labor than governments (1835)
Economics in one lesson from FEE (pdf 7.96 MB)
EDUCATION (also see NEW YORK):
Bruno Leoni points out that elections are seriously flawed because majority rule is incompatible with individual freedom of choice (1961) (Hence why we are not a Democracy but rather a Republic)
EMPLOYMENT / LABOR:
American_Unionism_Fallacies_and_Follies (pdf 13 MB)
National Right To Work Committee NRTW Nov-Dec2009 FAW Newsletter.pdf (961,7 kB)
FAMILY VALUES (see also CHRISTIAN ROOTS/HISTORY):
Lord Acton writes to Bishop Creighton that the same moral standards should be applied to all men, political and religious leaders included, especially since “Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely” (1887)
The Duty of Grandparents – This article describes the contributions of Grandparents in the FACE Journal, volume IX, several articles now appearing in this list of resources.
An Annotated Grandfather’s Chair – This article gives excerpts for children from Hawthorne’s delightful work of stories from history in which the chair tells the stories.
Calling to Remembrance the Unfeigned Faith & Example of Martha Custis Washington Upon Her Granddaughter, Nelly Custis – This article demonstrates how faith became a living principle in the Washington grandchild, Nelly Custis through the model and love of her grandmother.
First in War, First in Peace, First in the Heart of His Granddaughter – This article gives a view of the relationship between a grandfather George Washington and a granddaughter Nelly Curtis and its impact.
Tales of a Grandfather – Mrs. Schultz, biographer of Walter Scott, picks “a single bloom from a field of beautiful flowers” presenting James V as enlivened by the great story teller.
Tales from a Grandmother – Mrs. Schultz’ “Saturday Child” hears life-changing stories—the impact of a grandmother upon a child.
Grandparenting with Noah Webster – This article explains Noah Webster’s goal for American and how Grandparents are a key influence.
GOVERNMENT: (see also NEW YORK)
George Washington warns the nation in his Farewell Address, that love of power will tend to create a real despotism in America unless proper checks and balances are maintained to limit government power (1796)
- James Madison on the need for the “separation of powers” because “men are not angels,” Federalist 51 (1788)
- John Stuart Mill discusses the origins of the state whereby the “productive class” seeks protection from one “member of the predatory class” in order to gain some security of property (1848)
- Frédéric Bastiat, while pondering the nature of war, concluded that society had always been divided into two classes – those who engaged in productive work and those who lived off their backs (1850)
The Fruit of Two Opposing Philosophies of Government (pdf 125 kb)
IMMIGRATION / ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION: (see also NEW YORK)
LAW: (see CIVIL LIBERTIES see CHRISTIAN ROOTS)
The_Law.pdf (342,2 kB) (Bastiat)
The Law of Nature in John Locke’s Writings – A look at the man Jefferson called “one of the three greatest men that ever lived.”
NATURAL LAW (see CIVIL LIBERTIES see CHRISTIAN ROOTS/HISTORY):
NATIONAL SECURITY / WAR ON TERROR / ISLAM:
biglies-the propaganda war against israel (pdf 410 kb)
Islamic terror timeline – history issues and news.doc (982 kB) karachikidsfactsheet.pdf (152,4 kB) LOSING BIN LADEN chapter_11 USS COLE.pdf (84 kB) NaziRootsOfJihad.pdf (189,5 kB) oppression of women in islam.pdf (4,6 MB)
The Challenges of Islamist Ideology to America’s Founding Principles The last resort Israel POLICYFOCUS84.pdf (549 kB) (Iran’s Nuclear program 2008)
What Amer needs to know about Jihad (pdf 256kb)
NEW YORK: (see also GOVERNMENT)
RELIGION (see FAMILY VALUES see CHRISTIAN ROOTS/HISTORY see THE CONSTITUTION/ WE THE PEOPLE / AMERICAN HERITAGE):
NAGR_Spring Newsletter 2010 (pdf 1.86 MB)
SOCIALISM / COMMUNISM / ECT.:
American_Unionism_Fallacies_and_Follies (pdf 13 MB)
TEA PARTY (see ACTIVISM, see BELOW, see ALL)
THE CONSTITUTION/ WE THE PEOPLE / AMERICAN HERITAGE:
(see also CHRISTIAN ROOTS, see also GOVERMENT, see also FOUNDING DOCUMENTS/CONSTITUTIONAL STUDIES below)
5000_yr_leap_StudyGuide (pdf 6.6 MB)
Benjamin Franklin: Scientist & Statesman – A character study of Benjamin Franklin that illustrates the impact of his life.
Conservative BattleLine 2009 Jan-Dec (pdf 6 MB)
ConservativeLibertarianBib FEDERALIST SOC (pdf 516 kb)
Keeping_a_republic_by Nancy Salvato 090809 (pdf 787 kb)
Liberty Counsel year end report 2010 (pdf 2.56 MB)
Lydia Huntley Sigourney: Fueling the Torch of Christian Liberty – Lydia Sigourney as a character model for women and the gift of writing that gave her influence.
Pilgrim History Play – An original play used in the study of the Magna Charta. Portrait of Family and Religion in America BY HERITAGE.pdf (546,2 kB) President ratings 1789-2000 by Fed-soc&WSJ.pdf (2,1 MB) recipe for an american.pdf (44,9 kB)
Renewing American Leadership – the ReAL Core Doctrine
Solutions For America-Heritage-2010 (pdf 8.59 MB)
TheEssential American_FreeChapter (pdf 138k)
The Fruit of Two Opposing Philosophies of Government (pdf 125 kb)
The Original Thirteenth Amendment (PDF 151 KB)
The Patriots Guide Heritage Foundation (pdf 275kb)
Thomas Jefferson – the Life Of (pdf 1.75MB)
Thomas Jefferson Autobiography by (pdf 577kb)
Thomas Jefferson on Politics & Government (pdf 150 kb)
Thomas Paine Common Sense (pdf 131 kb)
Two Opposing Philosophies of Government – This chart helps you compare the American Constitutional Federal Republic (unique in the world) and the Progressive socialistic democracy philosophies.
Wallbuilders 2010 elections report (pdf 265 kb)
UNIONS (SEE EMPLOYMENT/LABOR):
~ ~ ~
- Study all of our Founding Documents (from B.C.-1620 – 1776 – 1865 – Present, and every in between) here:
- CONSTITUTIONAL STUDIES(main page + subpages below)
- 10th Amendment Center
- 10th (States rights) The State of New York declares that the people may “reassume” their delegated powers at any time they choose (1788)
- 13th Amendment – The Original Thirteenth
- 14th Amendment – Defining Citizens: Congress, Citizenship, and the Meaning of the Fourteenth Amendment
- 16th Amendment – A bad day in History
- 16th Amendment – Studies, legal battles, and petitions regarding the income tax fraud on the American people by We The People Foundation.
- 17th Amendment – A case for repeal
- 18 Constitutional Questions for Candidates in 2010
- 1st Amendment
- 1st Amendment: Legal and historical academic research irrefutably establishing the true meaning of the First Amendment Petition clause.
- 1st Amendment: FIRE’s Guide to Free Speech on Campus, Why is freedom of speech “an indispensable part of human dignity, progress, and liberty”? Why should our universities promote free speech instead of speech codes? Test your issue-spotting skills in the scenarios. Put the Guide on your must-read list today.
- 2nd Amendment
- 4th Amendment: The IVth states that the people shall be secure in their persons against unreasonable searches and seizures and that no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause (1788)
- 9th Amendment: Spooner states the importance of the 9th which protects the natural rights of the people not enumerated in the 1st 8 Amendments (1886)
- Ageless Wisdom Of The Founders
- Article V: Congress, Conventions, and Constitutional Amendments
- Civics 101-USIQ Quiz-Game-Ben’s guide for kids-parents-teachers
- Constitution Day Quiz
- Democrats Advocate Abolition of the U.S. Senate
- Fiat Government: Metamorphosis of The American Republic – Slaughter Rule
- Natural Law
- Our Founders – Black History – and why we dont have White guilt
- Less well known is Thomas Jefferson’s First Draft of the Declaration of Independence in which he denounced the slave trade as an “execrable Commerce” and slavery itself as a “cruel war against nature itself” (1776)
- Frederick Douglass’s America: Race, Justice, and the Promise of the Founding
- Frederick Douglass makes a New Year’s resolution to gain his freedom from slavery (1836)
- Blacks, Youths, and CPAC
- Power Corrupts The Congressional Black Caucus
- Party Platforms-Liberty vs Secular Socialism
- Piggybacking Legislation- UNETHICAL
- Progressives march to Socialism Masquerading as American Judeo-Christian Values
- Progressivism-Killing America
- Social Justice – The ugly side of
- Socialism- Sugarcoating the French way into the Euro-style welfare state
- Socialism’s Downfall
- Alexis de Tocqueville stood up in the Constituent Assembly to criticize socialism as a violation of human nature, property rights, and individual liberty (1848)
- Cloward-Piven Strategy. Socialism-the American Left 101
- Socialism’s Downfall
- Frédéric Bastiat on the state as the great fiction by which everyone seeks to live at the expense of everyone else (1848)
- Frank Chodorov argues that taxation is an act of coercion and if pushed to its logical limits will result in Socialism (1946)
- The Fallacy of Tyranny
- The Leftist American Roots of Fascism
- Yves Guyot on the violence and lawlessness inherent in socialism (1910)
- The Bill of Federalism Project
Many Americans are infatuated with the European Union’s promise of cradle-to-grave welfare and post-national multilateralism. Yet the EU model is predicated on philosophical assumptions about human nature that are diametrically opposed to those that underlay the American Founding
How Many Trillions Must We Waste? Forty-five years and $16 trillion in welfare spending later, poverty is winning. It’s higher than in the 1970s, and we’re set to spend $10.3 trillion more in 10 years. Read More
Americans have always believed that this nation, founded on the idea of freedom, has a vital responsibility to the rest of the world. As George Washington first recognized, the “preservation of the sacred fire of liberty” depended on the American people. These words remain true today.
Understanding America explores how the United States’ commitment to the universal truths of human equality and the right to self-government—as proclaimed in the Declaration of Independence—requires a vigilant defense of the cause of liberty, both at home and abroad.
Why Provide for the Common Defense?The American Founders believed that the federal government should have only a few, limited powers, and that it should be concerned only with issues that affect the well-being of the entire nation. This volume of Understanding America explains the constitutional mandate for government to provide for the common defense, and highlights the Founders’ conviction that, in order to preserve peace, America must be ready for war.
Why Does Religous Freedom Matter?This volume in the Understanding America series explores the Founders’ view of religious faith and freedom. It discusses how religious liberty shapes American public life and why it is critical to peace and freedom around the world.
Why Does Sovereignty Matter to America?The Founding Fathers understood that, if America does not have sovereignty, it does not have independence. This volume in the Understanding America series explains the significance of sovereignty to a free and democratic society and makes clear why protecting it is critical to preserving Americans’ liberties—as well as those of every other independent people.
What Is America’s Role in the World?The United States’ foreign policy exists, first and foremost, to defend the independence and interests of its people. But America also has a unique responsibility to uphold and advance the universal principles of liberty upon which it was founded. This volume in the Understanding America series provides insight into how the Founders understood foreign policy through the lens of these principles, and how the liberty that defines America cannot be separated from America’s role in the world.
Why is America Exceptional?While other nations are bound by a common ethnicity, religion, or history, America’s dedication to liberty makes it unique. This volume in the Understanding America series examines the significance of the United States’ founding principles and why its continuing commitment to those principles matters to freedom everywhere.
INSIDE: 2 MOST IMPORTANT TOPICS:
1- THE ISLAMIC CHALLENGE, AND
2- BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP AND THE 14TH AMENDMENT
• Senior Fellow Edward J. Erler on Birthright Citizenship
• Distinguished Fellow William Rushner on The Islamic Challenge
• The Claremont Institute’s 2007 Publius Fellows
• Senator Fred Thompson joins the Claremont Institute in Newport Beach, California
• Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld to Receive Statesmanship Award at 2007 Churchill Dinner
• Come Sail with the Claremont Institute
← Click the issue above to download (852KB .pdf)